Sunday, January 1, 2012

Let's Start at the Very Beginning...

For several years now, I've felt like I've been in a holding pattern with life. I've been waiting on something to happen, something to make me get out and do more. And I've realized that I can't get out of my holding pattern unless I actually DO something. So this is my Year of Weeks - a challenge to myself. I have never done a New Year's Resolution, because the idea of sticking with one thing for a whole year sounded both overwhelming and too constricting. I want to try out various things, but not sure if I need to commit to an entire year for each. So I thought about some of the things I'd like to accomplish, getting rid of junk, spending more time with people I care about, giving more back to the community, and I thought about trying something for each week in the year of 2012.


So this is it....this is the beginning of A Year of Weeks. Where each week I will focus on attempting something new, or different, or finally putting my focus on finishing a goal. Be it giving back, reconnecting with someone, or just finally getting that moldy brick of cheese out of the fridge. I know some things will be easy, some fun, others I will find horrid, and may not actually accomplish. But I have 52 tries.

No comments:

Post a Comment